Since 1994 Kevin Sprague and the team at Studio Two have been creating bold brands and identities for commercial and institutional clients in the heart of the culture-rich Berkshire hills of Western Massachusetts. In 2012 Kevin took his work national with the opening of a second office in Miami, FL.
Kevin Sprague is also a leading creator of innovative photographs and images. The integration of innovative imaging with design and branding has proven a powerful combination for clients nationally.
He is the Author of “Imagining Shakespeare” about his imaging work for theatre, and “Muse”, a graphic novel, as well as “Viewfinder”, a novel. He is involved in many aspects of the local community, including Berkshire Creative and the Lenox Land Trust. You can view his commercial work at Studio Two.
Kevin is a frequent consultant to non-profit organizations in arts, culture and regional economic development and education.
- 17 years as trustee and 3 years as treasurer of Berkshire Country Day School
- 6 years as executive committee member of Berkshire Creative
- 1 year as chair of Berkshire Creative
- 2 years on the executive committee of 1Berkshire
- 8 years on the board of the Berkshire International Film Festival
- 1 year on the board of Pleasant Valley Sanctuary/MA Audobon
- 14 years as President and Founder of the Lenox Land Trust
Kevin’s images can be seen across media in collateral materials, posters, web sites, fine art collections, magazines and book covers. He is the recipient of numerous regional and national awards for imaging and design. Since 2001 Kevin has been expanding into the fine art world. His evolving collection of limited edition prints, entitled “Postmarks” have been widely collected. This series is marked by the digital composition of floral elements with antique correspondence: postcards, notes, envelopes and ephemera. The images that have emerged are both appealing and curious, inviting further exploration. Currently there are 26 different images in the collection, which continues to evolve. These limited edition prints have been extensively shown and collected in the region and are available via The Sohn Fine Art Gallery.
In 2004 Kevin displayed a significantly different body of work, entitled “Tidal Forces”. These large format black and white prints explored an imaginary intersection of water and architecture, with oceans invading cathedrals, private rooms and empty spaces.
Kevin has recently complete work on a project entitled “Muse”. A book-length work incorporating over 87 entirely new panoramic composite images, the book is a completely new novel form, one that tells a story through images, fragmentary text and traditional text elements. This project draws from the tens of thousands of images in Kevin’s digital archive. An expert at digital imaging and photography, Kevin considers the digital realm to be his true creative space. The opportunity to have thousands of images at hand, to be able to bring them together to make something new that is curious, beautiful, mysterious and compelling, is his muse.
A brief list of Showings/Galleries
• 2002 “Postmarks” at Naoussa Gallery, Tyringham, MA.
• 2004 “Postmark” prints selected for the permanent collection of the Crane Paper Museum of Fine Papermaking
• 2006 “Tidal Forces” on display at Berkshire Theatre Festival for the summer.
• 2005 “Undermountain Farm Panorama” selected for display at the Berkshire Museum summer exhibit “Landscapes of the Berkshires”.
• 2006 New “Postmarks” on exhibit at Lauren Clark Fine Art in Housatonic, MA.
• 2007 Presentation on “Muse” at IS183, Art School of the Berkshires.
• 2007 New “Postmarks” on exhibit at Gallery 37, Williamstown, MA
• 2006 One of 4 photographers at the Berkshire Museum featuring the “Photographers of Berkshire Living’.4 large format prints of work from the “Muse” project shown.
• 2007 “Muse” is the recipient of an American Graphic Design Award.
• 2007 “Muse” awarded a Creativity Merit Award from Creativity Annual </code> []
• 2008 Solo show of work entitled PAST/PRESENT at Gallery 37 in Williamstown, MA
• 2009 New work at group exhibition WOMEN: Portait+ Figure at Ferrin Gallery, Pittsfield, MA
• 2010 Publication of “Imagining Shakespeare”. Recipient of numerous national design awards.
• 2011 Solo Exhibition of “Imagining Shakespeare” at Westfield State University, Downtown Gallery
• 2012 Solo Exhibition of “Imagining Shakespeare” at Cranwell Spa and Resort, Lenox, MA courtesy of the Sohn Gallery of Fine Art
• 2013 Studio Two receives 10 American Graphic Design awards for work in branding, packaging and collateral design
• 2015 “Muse” at Sohn Fine Art Gallery